Regulations on tank LPG standards:
You can find out the concept of LPG tanks and issues related to LPG tanks as specified in Clause 3, Article 3 of the National Technical Regulation QCVN 10: 2012 / BCT on the safety of petroleum gas supply stations issued by the Ministry of Industry and Trade. Whereby:LPG tank is a compressed air tank used to store LPG with a storage capacity equal to or greater than 0.15m3.
- a) Floating tank means a tank that is placed above the ground and is not covered with sand or soil;
- b) A submersible tank is a type of LPG tank that is buried underground and covered with sand or soil;
- c) An earth-filled tank is a type of tank that is placed above the ground and covered with sand or soil.
Since it is a type of tank that needs a high level of safety, it should be regularly inspected and verified before and during use. Let’s join MIGCO to learn some LPG tank testing standards.
LPG tank testing standards
Standards and regulations applied during the inspection of LPG tanks need to be approved by the local authorities.
- QCVN 01: 2008 / BLĐTBXH, National technical regulation on safety of boilers and pressure vessels
- QCVN: 10-2012 / BCT, National technical regulation on safety for liquefied petroleum gas supply station.
- QTKĐ 03: 2017 / BCT, Technical safety inspection process for liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tanks
- TCVN 8366: 2010 on pressure vessels. Safety technical requirements for design, fabrication and structure.
- TCVN6155: 1996 regulations on pressure vessels. Safety technical requirements for installation, use or repair
- TCVN6156: 1996 regulations on pressure vessels. Safety specifications regarding installation, use or repair, test methods
- TCVN 6008: 2010, Standard on pressure equipment – Welds. Technical requirements and testing methods
- TCVN 7441: 2004, Liquefied petroleum gas supply system – LPG at point of consumption – Requirements for design, installation and operation
- TCVN 6486: 2008, Standard on liquefied gas -LPG. Existing under pressure – Requirements on design and installation location
In addition, depending on each individual case, it is necessary to assess the quality of the LPG tank according to foreign standards but absolutely not lower than the levels prescribed in our own country.
Inspection period for liquefied gas tank or LPG tank:
The inspection of LPG tank or liquefied gas tank is done at the following times:
- // Check for the first time after installing the tank system and before your business is put into use
- Periodic quality inspection during use for every 3 years and every 2 years when reaching a shelf life of more than 12 years.
Abnormal inspection will be conducted upon request from the authorities or user units. An abnormal inspection has to be conducted when there is any change in the installation, replacement or repair location.This inspection also applies to pressure cylinders and tanks with a downtime of more than 12 months.The information above is about LPG storage tanks. If you are in need of designing and installing an LPG tank, please contact Migco immediately.