USES OF ARGON GAS
- Application of argon gas in heat treatment: Argon gas is an ideal protection environment for metals that easily react with nitrogen gas, or need protection from nitrogen gas.
- It is used for refining metals
The argon gas is used pumping drysuit in scuba diving.
Argon gas is an inert gas and a poorer conductor of heat than conventional air, so that it is suitable material to produce high quality heat conductor when placed between small glass panels.
Argon gas is indispensable for laboratories in universities, the centers of laboratory analysis, research institutes or petrochemical technology, …
In inerting and cleaning: Argon gas is used for tanks and pipes designed in factories specializing in pharmaceuticals and chemicals.
- In producing semiconductors, it is used as a protective coating that allows the cultivation of crystals of silicon and germanium.
- In addition, a novel application of Argon gas is to pump car tires.
- In welding: Argon gas is used to protect molten metals from environmental contamination in either pure or mixed form.
- In Cutting: We need to mention an outstanding application of Argon gas which is plasma cutting of black and non-black boxes. In this application, high purity Argon is used at extremely high temperature.